Summer is the season for hiking and going out to enjoy beautiful times, but at the same time it is a season in which more hair care must be provided, just as the hot sun’s rays contribute to a lot of damage to the skin, it causes the same thing for hair. Exposure to sunlight makes hair dry, dull, weak, and brittle. In addition to this, excessive sweating and the presence of dust and dirt in the summer season exacerbate the problems that hair may suffer, such as: dandruff, curliness, as well as loss, and for this reason, it is very necessary to focus more on hair care and take good care of it in this harsh season.
Hair care methods in the summer:
There are many things that must be followed in the summer to take care of hair and protect it from many problems that may be exposed during that season, and in the following points some of them are mentioned:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat healthy and balanced food: Eat food rich in omega-3 fatty acid, iron, vitamin C, protein, zinc, and vitamin A.
- Covering hair: using a scarf or hat to protect it from the sun’s harmful UV rays and to keep moisture inside it.
- Do not tie the hair too tightly: The hair should be comfortably and loosely lifted.
- Combing hair with a wide-toothed comb: instead of a brush.
- Washing hair with a mild shampoo: It is preferable to always dilute it with water in equal quantities.
- Avoid daily hair washing: You should only wash your hair every other day.
- Cutting the ends of the hair: The ends of the hair should be trimmed regularly to prevent split ends.
- Apply oil to hair: Use natural oils for hair twice a week to give it health and luster.
- Exercising daily: One of these exercises is yoga or walking because it helps stimulate blood circulation, which in turn contributes to improving hair health and the whole body.
Food that helps to care for hair in the summer:
There are many important foods and nutrients to care for hair and keep it strong, healthy and beautiful during the summer. In the following points some of them are mentioned:
- Fatty fish.
- Red paprika.
- Avocado oil.
- the Garlic.
- pumpkin seeds.
- Green cabbage.
- Hemp plant.
Natural recipes for hair care:
There are many natural recipes that can be applied at home to take care of hair and protect it from the problems that it may encounter during the summer. Some of them are mentioned below:
Avocado with Vitamin E:
Most cosmetic products contain avocados; This is because it contains many beneficial elements such as vitamins A, E and D. Most studies have shown that vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps slow skin aging and make it firmer and more radiant. As for the hair, vitamin E makes it softer and more vibrant, and aromatic oils moisturize and soften the hair wonderfully. The following is an explanation of how to prepare this recipe:
- Amount of avocado.
- Half a teaspoon of vitamin E oil.
- A teaspoon of essential oil, such as jojoba oil, olive oil, almond oil, or coconut oil.
How to prepare:
- Chop the avocado and extract the seeds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the avocado, then put it all in a blender and mix well. Apply the mixture all over the hair from the roots to the ends.
- Leave the mixture on the hair for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it as usual.
Olive oil contains many antioxidant properties, and when applied to the hair, it increases its health and scalp health, as well as adds luster and shine to the hair and softness. In addition to this, olive oil has antibacterial properties that help get rid of the problem of dandruff and lice that may be plaguing the hair. The following is an explanation of how to prepare this recipe:
- Two eggs.
- A tablespoon of olive oil.
- A tablespoon of lemon juice.
How to prepare:
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned together well.
- Apply the mixture on the hair and leave it for 30 minutes, and it is preferable to cover the head with a warm towel to help absorb nutrients to the hair.
- Wash hair with warm water and a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this recipe for two weeks to get thick, shiny hair.