Sage is considered from the mint and basil family, and it is aromatic plants, made of smooth leaves, with a greenish-gray color, and the leaves of the sage herb are distinguished by that they have a sharp and delicious taste, as the soaked leaves are used to prepare tea, and sage is considered a medicinal herb, due to It contains an ample percentage of volatile oils that the body needs, vitamins (A, C, E, and K), and essential minerals such as: calcium, zinc, iron, potassium, sodium, vegetable fibers, antioxidants, proteins and carbohydrates.
The benefits of sage:
- It fights infections, fungi, and parasites, which cause diseases because it contains anti-inflammatories, fatigue, and allergies.
- It improves the performance of the digestive system, as it is used in the treatment of cases of diarrhea and cases of intestinal colic, as it reduces bloating, and contributes to the treatment of indigestion.
- Cleanse the mouth, and prevent the emergence of ulcers, by rinsing the sage soaked.
- Relieves pain associated with menstruation.
- It improves mood, reduces stress and anxiety.
- It protects the heart from diseases and regulates its heart rate because it contains potassium and flavonoids, and it also works to reduce high blood pressure.
- It improves the capacity of the brain and reduces the risk of developing Alzheimer’s.
The benefits of sage for hair:
Sagebrush is used for hair care, by extracting its oils, or by soaking its leaves in boiling water, where sage oil is used to increase the length of the hair, increase its density, moisturize dry hair, and provide the hair with vitamins and minerals necessary to give it softness and luster, as well as reduce hair loss while soaked Sagebrush, it is used to get rid of dandruff, and thus maintain the scalp, give the hair a healthy and vibrant look, and it is also used as a dye to get rid of gray hair.
Sage recipes for hair:
Sage and cloves recipe, used by soaking a tablespoon of dried sage powder, with a teaspoon of ground cloves, in three cups of boiling water, then filter the soaked, and apply it to the roots and ends of the hair while it is warm, and leave until the morning Hair with shampoo, and the recipe is repeated on a daily basis for a week, as it is used to increase the shine of hair, softness, and dye gray.
A recipe for sage infusion, used by soaking green sage leaves in a liter of boiling water, and washing the hair with soaked twice a week, as the soaked works to strengthen the hair roots, and eliminate split ends.
The recipe for sage oil with sesame oil, used by mixing the same amount of two oils, and then applying the mixture to the hair, on a daily basis, and the recipe is used to get perfect black hair.